Spinal Decompression Therapy
Seldom do damaged spinal discs heal without proper treatment because the discs are constantly under the internal pressure that contributed to the disc problem in the first place. That’s why Spinal Decompression Therapy is a vital treatment option.
Spinal Decompression Therapy relieves pain while treating the underline cause
Therapy on a Disc-Decompression Table creates negative pressures inside the herniated, bulging disc letting it retract naturally, thus relieving disc pressure on spinal nerves. This usually brings welcome relief from pain.Reducing pressure in the disc also reinstates the natural transfer of surrounding fluids, nutrients and oxygen into the disc, a process essential for disc health.
Tears in the disc’s wall can now repair themselves while nutrients introduced back into the disc’s nucleus can reverse the disc’s degeneration and its collapse, and restore disc height which relieves pressure on inflamed spinal joints.
CONDITIONS THAT ARE TREATABLE WITH DISC DECOMPRESSION INCLUDE:
- Herniated Disc
- Degenerative Disc
- Facet Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Pre and Post Surgical Cases
- A typical treatment session consists of 15 to 20 minutes of decompression followed by 15 to 45 minutes of therapy.
- The process is painless. It is not uncommon for patients to fall asleep during treatment.
- Most patients find relief of symptoms between 15 and 25 sessions. The average recommendation is 20 sessions, ideally done daily with a rest on weekends.
- At the conclusion of the treatment series, when the disc injury has been corrected, patients are given mobilization exercises to avoid repeat injury.
Spinal Disc Decompression facts:
- Non-Surgical – Safe and painless
- Some Reports Show of patients report good to excellent relief of their symptoms
- Designed to correct the underlying problem not just relieve symptoms
- covered by some health insurance plans
- Decompression due to unloading traction forces to the spine