Spinal Decompression Therapy
Spinal Decompression Therapy Chiropractor
It is rare for damaged spinal discs to heal without proper treatment and care. This is because the discs are always under the internal pressure that contributed to the disc problem in the first place. That is why Spinal Decompression Therapy is a vital treatment option to help treat this problem. Do not wait to get this taken care of if you are suffering from this problem. Getting treatment will allow you to start feeling relief and on your way to recovery.
Spinal Decompression Therapy relieves pain while treating the root cause
Therapy on a Disc-Decompression Table creates negative pressures inside the herniated, bulging disc. This treatment allows the bulge to retract on its own, thus relieving disc pressure on spinal nerves. This usually allows the patient to start feeling pain relief. Reducing pressure in the disc reinstates the natural transfer of surrounding fluids, nutrients and oxygen into the disc, which is essential for disc health.
Tears in the disc’s wall can now repair themselves while nutrients are introduced back into the disc’s nucleus and can reverse the disc’s degeneration and its collapse and restore disc height which relieves pressure on inflamed spinal joints.
CONDITIONS THAT ARE TREATABLE WITH DISC DECOMPRESSION INCLUDE:
- Herniated Disc
- Degenerative Disc
- Facet Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Pre and Post Surgical Cases
- A typical treatment session consists of 28 minutes of decompression followed by 15 to 45 minutes of additional therapy.
- It is not uncommon for patients to fall asleep during treatment.
- Most patients start to feel relief from symptoms between 15 and 25 sessions. The average recommendation is 20 sessions, ideally done daily with a rest on weekends.
- At the end of the course of treatment and when the disc injury has been corrected, patients are given mobilization exercises to avoid injuries from coming back.
Spinal Disc Decompression facts:
- Non-Surgical – Safe
- Some reports show that patients report good to excellent relief of their symptoms
- Designed to correct the root problem not just relieve symptoms
- covered by some health insurance plans
- True Decompression – due to unloading traction forces to the spine